RESEARCH CULTURE AT CPMC
At CPMC, the research culture focuses on the prevalent values, practises, attitudes, and resources associated with research activities. CPMC has a clear vision to cultivate a culture of research that encourages, supports, and values the pursuit of knowledge. It involves a variety of factors that collectively contribute to the institution’s research efforts.The CPMC faculty, specifically the Department of Community Medicine and administration, play a crucial role in shaping the research culture. As a result of its importance, it has set the standard for the entire organization. They have allocated resources, developed policies, infrastructure, facilities, funds, inter-disciplinary collaboration, mentoring, recognition, and reward, uphold ethical standards, diversity, and innovation and provided direction to foster a thriving environment for research. Both clinical and basic CPMC faculty have published more than one hundred scholarly articles in prestigious national and international journals.
INSITUITIONAL REVIEW BOARD
CPMC has a well-defined Ethical Review Board, also known as an Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Research Ethics Board (REB), which is a committee responsible for reviewing and supervising human subject research projects. The primary purpose of an Ethical Review Board is to ensure that research studies are conducted in an ethical and responsible manner, prioritizing the well-being, safety, and rights of the research participants.
CENTRAL PARK RESEARCH SOCIETY
The selected team consists of the President, Vice President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Associate body, and Executive Body, whose responsibilities include coordinating all undergraduate research activities under the direct supervision and direction of our Patron-in-Chief, principal Professor, Amir Mian ; President, Prof. Tahseen Haider and vice president, Dr. Hina Ahmad.
TORs of CPRS
- To develop culture of evidence based quality research.
- To support the education and training of students, teachers and researchers.
- To provide resources in the areas of education and research.
- To promote research in and the advancement of knowledge and understanding.
- To disseminate knowledge and the results of research.
- To encourage the exchange of ideas and the application of the results of research.
- To organize conferences ensuring that those provides an excellent forum for both student and faculty capacity building.
- To provide younger members with adequate support to enable them to undertake and disseminate their research, attend conferences and workshops and enhance their professional skills.
- To establish publication units such as book publication, periodical publication like journals, magazines, and newspapers in print and electronic form.
- To confer awards and rewards to individuals and institutions for various achievements in research.
- To provide financial help to publications like books, journals and periodicals.
- To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, symposiums etc.
In the past three years, CPMC students have published thirty research articles in national and international journals recognized by HEC and PMDC.